Our Historic HQ
It all started in 1827.
A later industrial building across Whitney Avenue currently houses the Eli Whitney Museum, which is dedicated to presenting and interpreting the inventive genius of Eli Whitney.
What was it like?
Today, we’re solar-powered and 21st-century ready.
When the Trust acquired the building in 1989, it had been covered with non-original siding and had lost most of its original sash. After a careful restoration, the Trust moved in.
Recent projects have included weatherizing the building’s windows, restoring the exterior, surface restoration, clapboard repair, and the installation of solar panels. Keep tabs on the latest work on the Boarding House through our blog!