Description: Myron O. Stachiw is an historical and architectural consultant specializing in the study, documentation, and interpretation of historic structures and properties. He has been engaged nationally and internationally as an educator, historian, archaeologist, architectural historian, historic preservationist, and museum professional for the past 40+ years, working with museums, historical societies, state and local historical and preservation organizations and agencies, municipalities, and private stewards of historic properties, among them Old Sturbridge Village; Colonial Williamsburg Foundation; Society for the Preservation of New England Antiquities; Plimoth Plantation: Museum of American History, Smithsonian Institution; Providence Preservation Society; Newport Restoration Foundation; Trustees of Reservations; Mashantucket Pequot Museum and Research Center; Nipmuck Nation; RI Historic Preservation and Heritage Commission; Massachusetts Historical Commission, CT Trust for Historic Preservation; and others.
Myron O. Stachiw provides a range of services: documentary research on the history of buildings, properties, and communities; documentary and physical investigation of historic structures in the preparation of historic structure reports and architectural restoration and preservation; research, documentation and preparation of nominations to State and National Registers of Historic Places and for National Historic Landmark designation; neighborhood and community historical and architectural surveys; museum exhibition planning, research, and interpretation; archaeological research, excavation, and interpretation. He is a specialist in buildings archaeology, and has conducted numerous field schools and workshops on the investigation, documentation, dating, and interpretation of historic structures over the past three decades.
Example of Projects:
- Samuel Huntington Homestead, National Historic Landmark- Historic Structures Report
- Mark Twain House, National Historic Landmark- Historic Structures Report
- The Stowe Center, Harriet Beecher Stowe House and Katherine Seymour Day House, National Historic Landmarks- Historic Structures Report
- Stanton-Davis Homestead Museum, National Register of Historic Places- Historic Structures Report
- Chamberlin Mill, Inc., CT State Register of Historic Places- Archaeological and architectural investigation; nomination to National Register of Historic Places
- Dorothy Quincy House, National Historic Landmark- Historical and architectural research, nomination to National Historic Landmark Program
- Touro Synagogue, National Historic Landmark- Historic and archaeological research as part of a Historic Structures Report
- Strong House, Amherst (MA) Historical Society and Museum, National Register of Historic Places- Historic Structures Report
- Emily Dickinson House, National Historic Landmark- Historic Structures Report
Primary Contact: Myron O. Stachiw
Address: P.O. Box 193, East Woodstock, CT 06244