2020 Connecticut Historic Preservation Matching Grants for Private Non-Profit Organizations
The 1772 Foundation in cooperation with the Connecticut Trust for Historic Preservation has announced that funding in the form of 1:1 matching grants of up to $10,000 will be made available for the following historic preservation projects:
- exterior painting
- finishes and surface restoration
- fire detection
- lightning protection
- security systems
- repairs to/restoration of porches, roofs, and windows
- repairs to foundation and sills
- repairs to chimney
- masonry repointing
All organizations who wish to be considered should send a one-page letter of inquiry to email@example.com and include the organization in the subject line. Letters of inquiry will be accepted until Tuesday, December 31, 2019.
To be eligible to apply, organizations must have a 501 (c) (3) IRS designation and the organization must have closed any previously awarded matching grant.
Funding will not be provided for schools or churches.
The letter of inquiry should include the following in one-page or less:
- Name of the organization and federal EIN number (Tax ID)
- Contact information for the person coordinating the grant for the organization, including phone number, email address and physical address of the site
- Ownership status of the site
- Amount of the request
- Total amount of matching funds in place
- Purpose of the grant including the name and address of the historic resource for which project funding will be used
- Importance or impact of the site for the community
- Capacity of the organization to complete the grant within one year (June 2020- June 2021)
- Current photographs that show site condition
- Web address for the site/organization
Please call Erin Fink at 203-562-6312 to confirm your email has been received.
*Not all letters of inquiry will result in invitations to submit full applications. All applicants will be notified by email on Friday, January 10, 2020.