95 & 97 Howe Street
Both buildings located in Dwight Street Historic District.
95 Howe Street: Built c. 1835, built by local developer Henry Dougal (information submitted by Patricia Wallace)
97 Howe Street: Built c. 1845, was once home to Rev. Amos Gerry Beman a nationally important African American abolitionist, suffragist and temperance reformer. Later, this house was a Ladies Seminary run by Rev. Hemon Bangs and his wife Sally. (Information submitted by Patricia Wallace)
Posted 5/3/19. 90-day demolition delay imposed, expires 7/19/19. Submit written objection to the Building Official, James Turcio 200 Orange St. Room 501 New Haven, CT 06510
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203-562-6312 with questions