As they meet with local non-profit owners of historic buildings, Circuit Riders have the discretionary authority to deploy mini-grants for preservation consultant services for critical building issues. From January through March 2019, the Connecticut Trust awarded six Circuit Rider mini-grants across five counties. These mini-grants arise out of funding from the State Historic Preservation Office. They target assessment and planning that will help move forward the repair or reuse of historic buildings.
Bloomfield, to the Wintonbury Historical Society, for architect Robert B. Hurd to provide scope and cost estimate of repairs to building envelope at Old Farm School (1796), one of the oldest buildings in Bloomfield.
East Granby, to the State of Connecticut, for James K. Grant Associates to conduct structural assessment of deteriorating ice house at Viets Tavern, home of the first warden at Old Newgate Prison & Copper Mine.
New Haven, to the New Haven Preservation Trust, to promote local preservation efforts to save a 19th century carriage house.
Norwich, to the Friends of the Teel House Inc., for load evaluation by GNCB Engineers of the ballroom in the Joseph Teel House, originally built as a hotel in 1789.
Old Saybrook, to the First Church of Christ Congregational, to have Jablonski Building Conservation Inc. investigate lead-encapsulating paint and write specifications for its removal and repainting on the 1839 meeting house opposite the historic town green.
Tolland, to the Tolland Historical Society, for evaluation by Cirrus Structural Engineering of the belfry of the Old Tolland County Court House built in 1822 and used as such until c.1890.